That burning smell in the main kitchen that some of you may have noticed was due to an employee deciding that drying their socks in the microwave was a good idea. Unfortunately it didn’t quite work out and the burnt sock was subsequently thrown away by the freight elevator in an attempt to hide the evidence.
Something this silly shouldn’t even need a comment, but as the smell was noticed and the building got involved, I need to remind everyone that drying one’s clothes, particularly socks, in a microwave is i) obviously a serious fire hazard and ii) offensive as microwaves are most frequently used for cooking people’s food.
I now have the offending sock in my possession bcs the building brought it to me to make their point.
Anybody wishing to claim it can stop on by.