Monday, September 13, 2010

I locked myself inside the house.

First of all, you need one of those big janitor key rings to live here. There's a lock on everything and they're all keyed differently. But that's another story.

Anyway, I came home, unlocked the front door, and closed it (the locks are keyed inside and out). And I grabbed the things I needed and prepared to head back out...but where are my keys? They're not in my pocket, not in my back pack, not on the counter. Oh shit, they're in the door...outside.

There is a drawer with a bunch of other keys in it (of course), but none of them will unlock the front or back door. Should I call my wife to come home from work to let me out of the house? Should I call the landlord? Should I knock on my own door as someone walks by to let me out of the house?

Then I turn the knob.

Guh.

No comments: