Thursday, February 21, 2019

One of my favorite college stories happened at Sixth and Green

Driving to class in Urbana with my roommate. Sitting at the light at 6th and Green (heading east on Green). We see my roommate's friend Mark walking west along the south side of Green (in front of Mabel's/Campus Florist). My roommate bets me $5 that Mark - a rather large man who enjoyed food - would go to Wendy's. I tell him he's on and put on the flashers since the light was turning green.

Mark crosses the street, glances at Wendy's, but keeps going. I celebrate and ask for my $5. It's nearly exchanged when Mark stops, looks back at Wendy's, and stares for a minute (he doesn't know we're there but I'm saying "don't you ####ing do it" and my roommate is screaming something like "he can't resist the Frosty!"). After what seems like forever, he doubles back and goes into Wendy's and I lose my $5.

I witnessed two great comebacks in my time in Champaign. Simeon Rice stripping the ball from Ricky Powers and the $5 nearly in my hand when Mark pauses, stares at the Wendy's sign, and doubles back.

2 comments:

mcbende said...

newsclick this link now Get More Inforead this Homepagenavigate to these guys

sooshet said...

louis vuitton replica m29 q8n38s2l84 high quality replica bags i96 g6e40a2i95 replica wallets b73 l2s22l1h46