Sunday, July 3, 2011

So we're at the Schmucks this afternoon

and I'm in the checkout. I've let the girls go over to the candy and gum machines to spend a couple of quarters so I can have a moment's peace.

Suddenly, J-Train runs over to me, sobbing, and thrusts something in my face and yells "I DIDN'T WANT THIS!!!!"

I'm all, "What?" and take the ball from her and look. It appears to be just a plastic black and gold striped ball, about the size of a big meatball. I ask, "What is it?"

She yells, "It's a stupid ball! I put my quarters in the wrong machine, and I want more money so I can get something else!"

I said, "I'm sure you're disappointed, but you're not getting more money. You'll just have to be more careful next time with your quarters."

I turn the ball over and see a Mizzou logo.

Then I add, "Eww, Mizzou! I gotta admit, kid, you did get super ripped off here."

No comments: