Saturday, October 16, 2010

my mustard seed story

when i was a bachelor, moons ago, and working at the U of Washington, i "hosted" visiting students from Japan all the time. My favorite was a kid named Hiro ( his name was longer, but fuck me if i could say it ) . American hosts were to sort of grease the skids for the nOObs, take them shopping, show them historic sights, help them set up bank accounts, etc...

of course, i took my duties to mean getting them throw-up drunk and parading them around tit bars, paying for the nastiest ones to dry hump them in the corner. and that was just the first night.

but enough about me.

one day around noon, i'm driving Hiro back from Portland to Seattle and we stop off at a family diner joint halfway called The Mustard Seed. Hiro says he needs to use the unisex bathroom, so I at least grab a coffee to pay for the gesture. He's out a few minutes later and the waitress/owner goes in right after him. Five seconds later, she comes out yelling, accusing Hiro of fouling up the joint. Shit's everywhere. I guess he corked it, the water overflowed and he scrambled out of there like nothing happened.

We break for the car and I say " Hiro, what gives? "

"Oh, I sorry, I made mess in there. "

No comments: