Tuesday, January 29, 2008

mrs. and i went to the DC car show saturday. it was MOBBED. wall to wall humanity.

as we stepped off the escalator a woman in her mid-late 30s was standing at the bottom causing folks to basically have to walk around her to get off the escalator.

as I walked by her she cupped her hands to her mouth and shouted IN MY EAR...... "DANNY.....DANNY!!!" and then 2 seconds later, Danny, who was standing 4 feet away appeared.

when I say "in my ear" I'm not exaggerating. my ear literally was ringing for about 10-15 seconds. I practically pooped my pants b/c i wasn't expecting someone to shout into my ear.

as i got about 5 feet away i shouted sarcastically, "THANKS!" and kept walking. case closed as far as I was concerned.

but no, she then shouted "I WAS LOOKING FOR MY SON, A-HOLE!" (right in front of the kid).

I was planning to keep walking but felt the need to turn back, take a few steps towards her and say "Nice language. The mom of the year voting is on the 2nd floor. You've got my vote".

Not my best comeback......but my ear was still ringing and I was more shocked that instead of just apologizing or ignoring me, she dropped the a-hole bomb in front of the kid. YES, I understand losing a kid for a few seconds can freak a parent out. but that doesn't mean you block the escalator and shout in people's ears without at least apologizing.

No comments: