Tuesday, November 13, 2007

So last night as we are eating supper, our 8 yo asks his mother

"Did you really sit on Dad's shoulders while you were at a concert?" mrs didn't hear him, b/c she was walking away from us toward the stove, so he asked again. mrs kind of chuckled and said, "yes, i did. but i was 20 pounds lighter then."

I immediately piped up, just a bit incredulously "20 pounds???" She spun on that heel and fixed me with a glare that would frighten a monster. Before she could complete the spin, i started, "no no no - what i mean is i can't believe you have even put on 20 pounds since then. i couldn't tell at all!"

She didn't buy it.

This time, however, the story does not end with me in the doghouse.

Shortly after mrs sat down to eat more food, she noticed a lady bug on my plate. Real sassy-like, she asked me, "you going to eat that?" I reached down and let it crawl on my finger. My first thought was to stick it in her face and say, "no, you eat it."

Instead, i popped that ladybug thing in my mouth. You should've heard it crunch! I ate that thing right down. mrs's eyes went and her jaw hit the floor as she screamed.

My 8 yo and i just

I didn't hear anymore about my earlier crack, tho.

No comments: