Friday, June 22, 2007

Dude kissed my wife then wouldn't shake my hand.

I am at a bar association meeting in Lake Geneva Wis. This big shot fat guy lawyer kisses my wife on the cheek and ignores me. I know the guy, but he doesn't acknowledge me. I am an attorney just like him. I'm not a ISBA big shot like my wife or him but I could care less. I hate those parties.

I think it goes back to the day when I saw him at the strip joint. When he saw me, he ran out of there like he was too important and his repuatation mattered too much to be seen. He saw me in the front row, but he thinks he got his fat ass out of there before I saw him. Jokes on him. Sort of.

Now my wife's at the fancy party and I'm about to take the kids out for ice cream. I won't be responding to any comments. Time to go to the beach. I think I got the better end of the deal. Better to hang out with your kids than 100 self-important lawyers.

No comments: