Tuesday, May 15, 2007

years ago my cousin set me up with a coworker of hers, a girl named Lisa.

we dated for a while but as the title of the books says, I just wasn't that into her. no spark. on paper she was great, but just no spark.

b/c i was a puss I let it drag on for a while before i finally grew a pair of sllab and broke it off after about 3 months of basically blowing her off. yeah i know- i was young and dumb and wimpy. I mean, I wouldn't call her for DAYS- we'd go 2-3 weeks w/o seeing each other b/c I was busy at work, but even when I wasn't I didn't have the sllab to just break up, at least for a while.

she called me as soon as she heard I'd move back to DC a few years ago but I didn't go out with her again.

i guess she took the hint and got married and just had a kid.

my cousin bumped into her the other day with her new baby.

she asked the baby's name and Lisa said......


drumroll......


It's JAY.

my cousin said she almost spit her soda out.

1) no, it's not mine
2) european jews often name a kid in honor of a dead relative so maybe she had a grandpa whose name started with "J" and didn't want to name the kid Jehosephet or Jeremiah so she took the first letter.

or maybe she's still a bit obsessed with me.

No comments: