Friday, April 27, 2007

More roommate issues

She locked me out of the basement so I couldn't do anymore laundry. Good thing I got the stuff out I needed for this weekend before that.

There is a wall separating her room and then laundry area. She doesn't lock the door during the day, but we feel like we're never welcome to go down there to do our laundry. She leaves the door shut almost all the time so we never know if she's home or not. I really hit the jackpot when I knock and she doesn't answer. Most of the time in the evenings though (when I have time to do laundry) she's down there and we have to get permission basically to go down.

The landlord roommate talked about putting up some sort of partition. The problem is that the stairs go into the half of the basement that is her room. Then at the bottom of the stairs there is immediately a doorway on the left that goes to the laundry/storage area. It would have to be like an L-shaped wall/door/cubicle thingy to work.

She just needs to move out.

2 comments:

Gledwood said...

Paterfamilias: I am glad your bird is doing fine. How amazing to find it just preening itself (or whatever it was doing) on your front doorstep!!!

Gledwood said...

Oh: re the parrot/parakeet (I keep on going on about that, I know but it's really piqued my imagination). One of the best books I ever read from the public library that had no direct reference to me was one about parrot training. You really need to get such a book if you're intending to keep your bird. There's so much stuff you would not know from common sense. E.g. make sure his perch is lower than you when you're sitting down. This is bc the most dominant bird sits at the top of the tree. If he's sitting higher than you he will consider himself superior and misbehave in a billion different ways. This can all be cured by lowering his perch ... etc. Wish I could remember the title but it's gone in the mists of time.... It was a fantastic book though.