Thursday, April 26, 2007

Just got harangued by a hippie at the grocery store

I was minding my own business standing in line, buying a pre-made salad and he started going off on me because it came in a plastic bowl. (he reeked and was almost certainly stoned).

Smelly Hippie: "This world is a sadder place to live because of people who are too lazy to wash their own dishes."

Me: (wrinkling nose in disgust) "You know - I was just going to say the same thing about people who are too lazy to wash themselves."

Smelly Hippie: (getting pissed) "Do you realize how much energy it took to create that bowl your food's in? You're helping kill the planet. Why don't people realize the nature creates everything we need - this overindustrialized society is going to be the end of us."

Me: (looking at his groceries that included a big bag of doritos and a gatorade) "Yeah. You're really livin' off the earth there , Johnny Appleseed.

He then started an animated spiel about the importance of hemp, but it was my turn to pay so I did and left.

Stupid hippies....

No comments: