Friday, March 30, 2007

Worst. Night. Ever.

So it started out allright. I was 50-50 on going out tonight but got some stuff done so I decided to go out for a few hours (meaning from 11-2). Pretty typical early night in New Orleans (yes, that's early, our bars don't close at early times). So anyway, me and my 2 buddies are drinking 2 dollar imports/microbrews when who calls up but my hook up buddy (score! right?). Not so fast. She brings this clan of her sorority sisters with a bunch of sketch frat guys, including her abusive ex-boyfriend. Long story short, ex-boyfriend gets physical, I step in, ex-boyfriend steps off and calls hook up buddy non-stop from there on out.

That's okay, I can deal with that as long as sketch boy isn't around. So it's 50-50 again on going to another bar or just drinking on our own. Turns out one of hook-up buddies best friends has now gotten into a fight with one of my best friends (they're dating). She's hysterical, so hook-up buddy goes back to pick her up. I'm stuck in the middle. Eventually hook-up buddy's friend and my buddy patch things up, we get to another bar (1.5 hours later than we're supposed to be there). We get there, everyone wants to leave. Buy a quick drink, leave, go to another bar.

We get outside and some drunk ass girl is collapsed on the ground. No one is paying attention to her. I, being the good summaritan that I am, picks her up and tries to wake her up. She wakes up, some other guy comes to the rescue (that knows her), we decide to walk her home. Her place is a mile from this bar and we're carrying her over our shoulders.

So we get about 1/2 way there, she says she's fine, wants to go back to the bar we're at. Her friend carrying her says no, but also wants to go back to the bar. They decide that they should just go back. I'VE WASTED 45 MINUTES CARRYING THIS GIRL HOME. So outraged, I run back to the bar only to find hook-up buddy talking to another guy. It's now 4:30, I'm so fed up with people at this point I storm off and go home. People suck!!!!

No comments: