Monday, July 24, 2006

So, I left a waiter a .01$ tip this weekend....

First time I've ever felt compelled to do that, as I usually am a pretty good tipper.

Upon, taking my drink order, he said he would bring us some bread and our drinks. He comes back with drinks and no bread. I wait. Next time he comes back, I ask about the bread. He says "Oh, we ran out of bread, we had a party of 90 and we ran out. Let me go check to make sure though" It was obvious at least to me, he had forgotten and was making excuses. He comes back and says the bread should be ready in 5 -10 minutes, they just put in a new batch.

He brings our meals and I'm low on iced tea, like so low it's gone. He also doesn't bring any bread. I go through my entire meal without getting a refill on my iced tea, and never seen or heard a word about bread again.

Was the .01 tip justified? I thought it was funny and hope it pissed him off.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The guy sounds like a bad waiter, but a better course of action would have been to tip him the minimum 15% or even 10% and then complained to the management who hired that doofus. Waiters make $2.13 an hour, and even an idiot deserves more than that. I think the guys holding signs on corners make more.

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»