Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Was given two week notice (finally definate) today

over the phone (I work Wednesday-Saturday, 3rd shift). They are moving out what we normally do and bringing in new equipment and people who are familiar with the job. Based on senority...I'm odd man on the totum pole (only been there a year a half while others have 5, 6, 7 years on me)

Here's my question....should I go off on a rant on my final day, or should I play it cool?

I'm not saying I'm going to

I'm going to play it cool for now...but if they decide to play and push my buttons...I have no idea what might come out of my big mouth (as many people here may know...I have somewhat of a temper and short fuse)...but it could be worse. Ask my childhood best friend Scottie.

Here's what happened (I don't know if I told this story before or not):

About the age of 9 or 10, Scott did something to really anger me (I still to this day don't remember what it was). I grabbed a bottle of charcoal fluid and a box of matches and tried to set him ablaze ( I don't condone my actions...in fact, I spent a few weeks talking to an anger management counselor regarding that). It took my dad to basically tackle me while I was still squirting the bottle (by this time Scott had run the 5 blocks to his house that would make new world record holder Justin Gatlin blush). I've grown out of that violent, impulsive temper...but it's still there. Just now...I'm able to control it before it gets out of control

No comments: