Sunday, May 14, 2006

Okay..so here's the story

I was coming home from the bars...and I was a block away from home.

There's the apartment complex there on 2nd/Chalmers and they have an underground garage. I tried to jump over it and the last thing I remember is landing and then feeling a ton of pain. I crippled over to the ground.

My friend called 911/the hospital to get an ambulance, but I told them that it's probably just a sprain and to not bother with that. Even though I am absolutely terrified of hospitals, I realized that with the pain I was in, that I probably had done something pretty bad. I have some friends help me to my truck and they drive me to the hospital.

I get there and then I see some blood on my leg, especially around my ankle with a couple of really big bumps (I was hoping they weren't bones trying to poke through, but as I found out...it was).

They took some x-rays and the doc came back to tell me that I hadn't only broken my ankle on one side, I actually had broken the other side as well. So...two broken bones in my ankle.

Before I got to the hospital, I tried to get a hold of my parents and also my boss and his wife because I'm supposed to work tomorrow morning. They gave me a makeshift cast and an orthopedic surgeon is going to call me in the next few days. I'm probably going to have to have surgery in the near future on my left ankle.

It really sucks...I was so happy about all the new health food and all the working out I was going to do this summer...but now I'm going to be in a cast for at least two months. :(

They gave me some drugs, but I cannot take any of them tonight. Told me if I took any of them tonight, I'd probably die (I have been drinking). So...I get to deal with the pain tonight and can take some drugs for the pain sometime tomorrow afternoon. :(

So...yeah, that's the update. Two broken bones in my left ankle and surgery to come soon. :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your foot,I had the same breaks and opted out of surgery,stuck in a cast now for almost a month and only a little sign of healing,anyway e-mail me if you want to chat,ep2121@yahoo.com