Wednesday, April 5, 2006

Y'know what blows my mind?

What we think of as reality is actually an interactive movie stitched together by our brains out of milliseconds of sensory data. Anything we think is happening "now" actually happened in the past.

I've always been fascinated by color. Color is only a perception of one's own neuro inputs. What is seen and called blue in color may be perceived as another color to some one else, yet still called blue. Does this make sense?...because it kind of blows my mind.

I don't know if this is true or not...but I have heard that we actually have a "blind spot" in our vision that our brain fills in with a "good guess" of what is actually there... (or something like that) Something about how stereovision can't create a full picture, so the brain fills the rest in.

No comments: