Saturday, April 29, 2006

Well, it was totally a non-date (LONG UPDATE)

The night started out slightly different than initially planned. Everyone was SUPPOSED to come to my house, so I diligently cleaned and sprayed Frebreeze allergen reducer all around (my date is somewhat allergic to my cats), made it look halfway decent, and my friend calls. Her date is running late (he's a fireman in addition to a farmer and he had a call but he was on his way), so could we maybe go to her place once my 'date' got to my place. So, okay, that's fine. Then we were all going to carpool together but lucky my friend's date wanted alone time with my friend so he opted that we take 2 cars. So while this looks up for me since I'm having alone time with my 'date' I don't really know how well it goes. We do talk, it's not silence or anything.

Then we get to the play RIGHT before it starts. So the play is pretty good. Amusing. It was Shakespeare's Love's Labor's Lost but set in the 60s with 60s song numbers scattered throughout (but dialogue was the same). No touching of hands or anything. I was definitely kinda turned towards him (legs crossed) and we seemed to laugh at the same VERY DIRTY innuendo, while our counterparts either didn't get it or didn't find it amusing (i'm guessing neither got them). At intermission we didn't really talk much. My friend and her date were chatting away and my date was on the other side of the room and once i worked my way there, he started going to the other side (unsure if that was intentional, but I was thinking 'fine i might as well been the 3rd wheel' and i went into this lil art gallery room alone. But it seemed like my 'date' then followed me in there. He then ran into someone we know from church (an adult so now it will surely get back to his mother that we were together), so I came over and talked to both of them then we went back to our seat.

After the show again the two lovebirds were talking and my 'date' and i were behind them so I say 'now what?' to him, and so he repeats it louder so those in front hear us. And they stop, and my date says he hasn't eaten since lunch and he's hungry. It's nearly 11, so I say we need a 24 hr place. And not wanting to go to Steak and Shake again (we seem to always end up there). I say I feel like breakfast. My 'date' agrees that breakfast is good and should we go to Denny's or IHOP. My friend's date decides on IHOP.

So we spend nearly 2 hrs at IHOP talking about various things, like the play, and cartoons. My date tries a spoonful of all the syrups. I even joked with him a bit and things were going well and seeming sort of datish, but then when the lady came to ask if it would be on two checks, he put up four fingers. :P However, then my friend's date proceeded to pay for her, while my 'date' didn't even offer (of course since it was his idea for 4). Also he never offered to pay for his play ticket. Not that I was going to let him, but I had the perfect line set up if he tried. I was going to say 'well you owe me one' if he tried. But neither did my friend or her date offer to pay for THIER tickets, so I just took out 3 people to a play. I will see them all again tomorrow, but I don't know if I should even ask. Everyone enjoyed the play, but it was my initial idea to go. Dunno. I was under the impression my friend's date was paying for her and my friend.

On the way home he called his friend who apparently needed the van he was using to drive to st. louis tomorrow. He told his friend he had to 'drop his friend liz off then he'd be there in 10-15 minutes' So much for my 'do you want to come in' line (granted it was 1am). But that led us to talking about proms (because the friend needed the van for a formal in st. louis). When we got to my house, I thanked him for coming and he said he had a fun time and I said i did too. He then asked if I would be at the conference tomorrow and I said I'd be there late (i have my state school counseling exam tomorrow). He said he'd see me then and I said okay see u then. I got out, he did wait to leave until I got in the house, so that was nice I guess.

Anyway, all in all not very date-like in my opinion. :P

Bah humbug.

1 comment:

Dave Kingman said...

damn you!! I was just going to post this one :cuss:

:)