Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I think homosexuality is like autism

First I'd like to state that this isn't a religious belief. My religious belief is that anal sex and oral sex are wrong. So is premarital sex. Since almost everyone goes against Catholic teachings on sexuality at some point, when it is between consenting adults I don't care that much.

My personal feeling is that homosexuality is a disability or disorder, on the order of something like autism. I feel sorry for gays and realize that they are people beyond their sexual orientation, which is just a part of who they are and something that is difficult to deal with. I've found out that I know some gay people and they are more than a sexual orientation.
However, I do not want to see the definition of marriage altered because of people with a disability. I think there should be civil unions that allow for some legal rights, but the term marriage should always refer to one man and one woman.
Also, I find GLBT stuff to be distasteful and I don't like how prevalent it is in the entertainment industry.

No comments: